Samsung is rolling out Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich update to its Samsung Galaxy S II devices, reports say. Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich upgrade on Samsung Galaxy S II phones are being pushed via KIES, Samsung's PC connectivity tool for Samsung mobile phones.
Galaxy S II LTE ICS Upgrade Procedure (Courtesy Samsung Website)
Installing Samsung Kies:
1. Verify that no previous version of Samsung Kies is installed on PC. If a previous version of Samsung Kies is installed, please remove before proceeding with Kies installation.
START>>All Programs>>Samsung>>Kies>>Uninstall Kies>>wait for Kies program to be removed.
2. Open Samsung Kies folder on PC desktop and double click Kies icon to install program.
Firmware Upgrade Procedure
1. Run Samsung Kies program.
2. Connect data cable to PC USB port.
3. Power on device and connect to data cable.
4. Wait for Samsung Kies to recognize the device.
Samsung Kies will display pop-up window to alert if there is a software update available. 5. Click to begin software upgrade process.
6. Click "I have read all the information"
7. Select information saving option.
8. Click Start upgrade
9. Firmware upgrade in process. Do not disconnect the cable from the PC.
10. Firmware upgrade complete. Click