Compared to Galaxy Note, The new S Pen on Note 2 has been further improved. The new S Pen is slightly thicker and longer than the previous one. The Pen shape upgraded to an elongated cylindrical shape, thereby increasing the grip surface.
Another new feature is Air View. It lets you hover the pen over the screen (without touching) to activate previews, such as looking inside an album in the picture gallery. The technology used with the S Pen allows it to be recognized even when it's a few millimeters away from the screen, That is to say you can browse the content without click the icon. For example, you can hover the pen over an email, and you'll get a preview of the first few lines.
With Easy Clip technology, It's also possible to draw around anything you see on the screen and cut it out to paste elsewhere. Simply pull out the pen and you'll be able to scribble stuff down in seconds.
- 5.5-inch Super AMOLED HD touchscreen display with 1280 x 720 resolution and 16:9 aspect ratio
- Size: 80 x 151.1 x 9.4mm thin – thinner than its predecessor
- Weight: 180 grams
- 1.6GHz quad-core Exynos processor
- 2GB of RAM
- 16/32/64GB on-board memory
- microSDHC support of up to 64GB of additional storage
- 8-megapixel rear-camera with Auto Focus, LED flash and HD video recording
- 2-megapixel front-facing camera
- HSPA+ support
- 4G LTE connectivity (in selected markets)
- Bluetooth 4.0
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n
- Wi-Fi Direct
- USB 2.0 support
- A-GPS and Glonass support
- 3,100mAh removable battery with faster charging – bigger capacity than its predecessor
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on board out of the box with TouchWiz UI on top
- Colors: Marble White and Titanium Grey
The device is scheduled for launch in Germany September 27th and Italy on September 28th, and will be available in most European nations by the first week of October.