1. Download free app called AirPush Detector
AirPush Detector is the app that detects other installed applications to see which apps appear to use notification ad frameworks and users can easily uninstall them.
The app can't block ads, but at least it can tell you which apps are causing them. So you must uninstall the app to stop the ads.
Now for the trick
- After you've detected and deleted the apps which push ads, head to the Google Play Store.
- Once inside the Play Store, tap on Settings.
- Inside Settings, uncheck "Google AdMob Ads”, this will make sure that you will no longer receive targeted ads from Google.
2. If your phone is rooted, you can try AdFree and AdAway. Both of the apps are free.
AdFree removes most ads in the browser and other apps. It does this by nullifying requests to known host names in the system hosts file, and AdAway is a similar app like AdFree.