If you have an existing Android phone, here's how to get it.
Note: Facebook Home will launch on April 12, so you can get it until then.
- Own the right phone. Facebook Home is initially coming to the Samsung Galaxy S III , Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note 2, HTC One X+ and HTC One. It will almost certainly come to other Samsung and HTC phones running Android 4.1 or higher in the future, and possibly to other manufacturers as well. It probably won't come to low-end phones.
- Make sure your Facebook account is attached to your phone, to integrate contacts and calendars. To do so, go into Settings, then Accounts and Sync, then add an account. Choose Facebook as the option and enter your details. This will give your phone some Facebook integration even without Home.
- Install the standard Facebook app, from Google Play.
- Wait until April 12. Facebook Home won't be available until then.
- Go to Google Play on your phone and search for "Facebook Home.", Download the app.
- Launch the app. That should launch you into Facebook Home. You'll need to enter your Facebook details.
- Tap your Home button. You'll get a box that says "Complete action using." Tap Facebook Home, and Always.